Re: [opensuse] Milestone 1 openSUSE 12.2 - my comments on it - UPDATE RE COLLUSION ADDON FOR FF
On 17/03/12 00:18, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [03-16-12 09:12]:
I am not sure that such a report is warranted to bugzilla as it may well be
anther "incompatible" add-on with the problem caused at the add-on's end.
The other thing is that this add-on is still in its development stage - and
it is not all that well known. If other people start reporting the same
problem then the case for a message to Bugzilla becomes stronger.
toooo much thinking

I have been known to think on certain occasions - and too much quite often as well :-D .

If the bug is invalid, it will be denied.

A non-argument. From some posts I have read over the years even valid bugs have been marked as invalid :-) .

But regarding reporting bugs, one of the very nice features of Mozilla, both
Firefox and Thunderbird, is that both automatically generate a bug report
when either has a problem and which is sent when you go to restart the
application. No need for you to login to the Bugzilla site, go thru all the
log-in procedure etc.
this is nice for mozilla

Yes, I think that it is very nice for the devs to have done some pro-active thinking and introduced this feature quite some time ago.

Mozilla just prepares a report with all the necessary details and sends
it back to Mozilla.
but does what for an opensuse problem? It is an "opensuse" version of a
mozilla product which has the problem.

Perhaps ask the Mozilla people to have the auto bug reports also sent to openSUSE?

BC

--
The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly
of the vulgar.