Re: [opensuse] Milestone 1 openSUSE 12.2 - my comments on it
* LLLActive@xxxxxxx <LLLActive@xxxxxxx> [03-16-12 17:00]:

I'd also like to try this on a VirtualBox installation as a user on
usability and comparison to other OS's, and to also maybe address the issue
discussed earlier about communication with developers.
Would it not be more helpful at this early stage to start discussions, and
not wait for final releases. The problem at the moment could be that there
are no non-technical users trying out Milestones or are going to look at
Factory. Should such users be attracted at this early stage? What are the
experiences by developers? Is it helpful or is it more of a hindrance? Can
non-technical users do the same as regular testers? Are the regular testers
at openSUSE developers or technical-users? I think anyone can be a tester,
but how can non-technical users be attracted to give feedback on usability
etc. at an early stage.

You mention that M#2 should be here this week. I found a roadmap here:
http://news.opensuse.org/2012/01/21/opensuse-11-3-eoled-12-2-on-the-way/.
Here M#2 should be out on 3rd March - can't find it though. Was there a
change of plan, or is there another roadmap?

This discussion belongs in factory where knowledgeable people can answer
and advise. And, should you have been following factory, you would know
that ms2 was delayed but should appear ~Monday.

And there are *many* reasons for as many people as possible to use/try
factory/12.2/ms2/ms3/... And for citing problems and for reporting via
bugzilla difficulties and failures.