Re: [opensuse] NFS security [Was: SAMBA.]
On 16/03/12 12:20, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-03-16 08:05, lynn wrote:
I think this is hijacking so maybe we should rename the thread.
Done

Yast does the nfs and Kerberos client stuff OK.
I did setup an nfs share and it did not offer to setup passwords for me.
True, I was not looking for it. I will try again to find out, time permitting.
Maybe you are thinking of Kerberos. Both nfs3 and 4 can be Kerberized making them pretty bulletproof. _Then_ the mount would be password/keytab/ticket protected.
BTW nfs on m$ don't come cheap. You need a top of the range model.
Heavy on CPU usage, is it?

No, capital outlay. You can't use the
you-have-to-buy-it-because-this-is-a-monopoly-and-you-have-no-choice
windows you get with your supermarket sourced netbook.
I don't understand. Are you talking of expensive computer models? Or are
you saying it needs a top end Windows version, which doesn't come included
on the computer you buy on a supermarket?

- --
I think it's called enterprize or ultimate. If you have the basic version, you have to buy a new licence.
L x