Re: [opensuse] Install help for Network driver
On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 09:39 -0400, Ralph DeWitt wrote:
On Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:50:16 AM Per Jessen wrote:
Ralph DeWitt wrote:
Hi all:
I am running opensuse 12.1 updated to KDE 4.8. This was a new
install
and still vanilla with no extra repositories outside of KDE 4.8 ones.
Recently I installed a new wireless network card, a PCI Exprss Gigibit
Ethernet Controller with a RTL 8111/8168B controller. My problem is
that after Googleing for Driver Install How To, I have come up with
nothing helpful. Could some one help me to install the proper driver.

It sounds like a fairly standard wireless card, the driver is probably
already installed. Why do you think you need to install it?
Per:
The reason I believe that I need to install the driver is that the wireless
option does not appear in the network manager widget.
Is it possible that wireless is not enabled in Network Manager? When
you left click on the network manager icon, look in the dialog box that
pops up, then look on the left side at interfaces and see if on the
bottom if "Enable wireless" is checked.