Re: [opensuse] Question about Firefox v11.0 and Thunderibrd v11.0
On 15/03/12 21:58, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 15.03.2012 11:30, schrieb Basil Chupin:
On 15/03/12 17:47, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Any (polite :-) ) suggestions re this, please?
That depends on when you did that exactly and if you have a vendor lock
in 12.1 or 12.2.

The mozilla repo obviously got the same version for every distribution
version. But OBS is SLOOOOOOOW building currently so not every
distribution is finished at the same time.
In your case something is different though because Factory packages in
mozilla are far from being completed so it's not possible that you got
FF11 from there.
The next time please let us know from which repo your installed packages
are (what you can find out by using rpm -qi). My guess is that you got
beta versions from Factory itself.

Wolfgang
Thanks for the response, Wolgang.

Here are the outputs for both Firefox and Thunderbird from 21.1 and
Milestone 12.2:

http://susepaste.org/41275478
Sorry to say that but your setup is broken ;-)

"It's all zypper's fault, I tell you!" :-) .

On 12.1 you are using FF and TB from official repos. You need to wait
until the new versions are available through the maintenance process.
Or you avoid the vendor lock by forcing the installation of the packages
in mozilla.

On 12.2 you are using mozilla/openSUSE_12.1. This is not optimal but
works in most cases for now. But more correct would be to use
mozilla/SUSE_Factory for 12.2.

Thanks for your reply.

The 12.2 MS #1 is a stock-standard installation - but I did add packman and mozilla.

I am not going to be fooling around with repos at this stage - I am waiting for MS #2 to come out (it was supposed to be this week from what Kulow wrote?).

I had just downloaded both FF and TB directly from Mozilla.org and will install them.

I just thought it rather "funny" to have v11.0 in something which hasn't been released yet but not in 12.1 :-) .

BC

--
The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly
of the vulgar.