Re: [opensuse] Software Manager (YaST2) - a question about its behaviour
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 06:58:47PM +0100, LLLActive@xxxxxxx wrote:
[ 8< ]

Maybe I did not make my point succinctly enough. The technical
solution here is not the point ...

Starting as a young dev engineer in TV broadcasting aeons ago, there
was often the comment from the engineer to a colleague, about the
video producers and sound techs, "I know how it works best, they get
what I can design best". This is mostly the incompetent, but
technically genial, engineer that whats to decide what is best for
the user.

Please keep in mind: I don't have anythibng to do with the YaST
development. I'm a community user like you're.

Over the years with the right amount of maturity, this way
of 'believing' is forced to change. Users just use something else
... simple. Pity. Sigh.

Superb! What're you trying to achieve by this? Do you think anyone's
blood preasure gets higher?

As written before: This issue is a non issue to me. I'm able to work
with the YaST package manager front end as it is.

But it never was or is a question to convince me. You have to win the
community. And that happens at https://features.openSUSE.org/

So where is the feature request you filed?

If you all count this feature that important for openSUSE why don't you
go the way we have to go to convince the YaST developers?

"Sorry, I don't have the time." is what we have seen before in this
thread and what I expect as answer to this mail too.

I hope anyone else is able to see the circular type of the
argumentation.

At https://features.openSUSE.org people can vote. Developers and users
can add their comments.

But you guys expect others are doing stuff you like to see happening.

Sorry, following this approach must fail.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team