Re: [opensuse] Software Manager (YaST2) - a question about its behaviour
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:21:19 +0100
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 15:11, Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I consider the current default ok.  It return to the point where the
user started the journey.

Apparently you haven't had to field calls from confused beginner users
who are wondering what they did wrong after installing an application.

100% of the people I assist with migrating to Linux/openSUSE are
confused by the current default. Not some.. all.

Experienced users don't have a problem with the current default... and
experienced users can use CLI or the YaST tools to change the obscure
options to change the behavior.. but in that process, we loose sight
of the fact that there is a huge number of users that are not on the
mailing lists and forums who rely on their neighborhood "expert" to
guide them through the maze.

This one issue I see over and over... "why did my software installer
disappear?" or... "why do I always have to restart the software
installer?"

C.