Re: [opensuse] Install help for Network driver
  • From: Ralph DeWitt <ralphdewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:39 -0400
On Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:50:16 AM Per Jessen wrote:
Ralph DeWitt wrote:
Hi all:
I am running opensuse 12.1 updated to KDE 4.8. This was a new
install
and still vanilla with no extra repositories outside of KDE 4.8 ones.
Recently I installed a new wireless network card, a PCI Exprss Gigibit
Ethernet Controller with a RTL 8111/8168B controller. My problem is
that after Googleing for Driver Install How To, I have come up with
nothing helpful. Could some one help me to install the proper driver.

It sounds like a fairly standard wireless card, the driver is probably
already installed. Why do you think you need to install it?
Per:
The reason I believe that I need to install the driver is that the wireless
option does not appear in the network manager widget.