Re: [opensuse] "Block images..." in Seamonkey and Thunderbird
Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

Seamonkey recently introduced a setting for the email program, to
block images from other sources. It has also been in Thunderbird for
a while. I turned this "feature" off, as I find it to be very
annoying. However, I cannot find any way to disable it in Thunderbird.
Is there a way to turn it off?
You can at least enable showing of images per sender address, but I
don't know if there is a global option.

Yes, I know that can be done, but it requires adding the sender to an address book. I've even had a separate address book, just for that purpose. However, there's so many addresses in it, that it's interfering with address completion, as all those saved addresses, that I'll never send a message to, are appearing when I start to type an address when composing a message.

Between spam filtering and my own ability to recognize suspicious messages & links, I really don't need this. I can turn it off in Seamonkey, but not Thunderbird.