Re: [opensuse] Question about Firefox v11.0 and Thunderibrd v11.0
On 15/03/12 17:47, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 15.03.2012 07:40, schrieb Basil Chupin:
Last night I was running Milestone #1 of 12.2 and did a 'zypper up' and
had both Firefox and Thunderbird upgraded to v11.0.

This morning I went back to oS v12.1 with the idea that this will now
have FF and TB upgraded to v11.0. But no such luck :-( . I have the
Mozilla repo selected in both 12.1 and 12.2 so why was a
not-yet-released version upgraded but not 12.1?

Any (polite :-) ) suggestions re this, please?
That depends on when you did that exactly and if you have a vendor lock
in 12.1 or 12.2.

The mozilla repo obviously got the same version for every distribution
version. But OBS is SLOOOOOOOW building currently so not every
distribution is finished at the same time.
In your case something is different though because Factory packages in
mozilla are far from being completed so it's not possible that you got
FF11 from there.
The next time please let us know from which repo your installed packages
are (what you can find out by using rpm -qi). My guess is that you got
beta versions from Factory itself.

Wolfgang
Thanks for the response, Wolgang.

Here are the outputs for both Firefox and Thunderbird from 21.1 and Milestone 12.2:

http://susepaste.org/41275478

BC

--
The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly
of the vulgar.