Re: [opensuse] parameter hostip on boot prompt does not work?
  • From: Meike Stone <meike.stone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:39:07 +0100

Do you have any console output from around the time when the interface is
being brought up?  I guess on vmware you will also need the right bridging
or NAT'ing setup.

Yes, but is does not running in the initscripts.
I see during booting from DVD the hardware scan and it finds the right
nic (e1000) and load it successfully.
Then the installation system is loaded in six parts (1/6 to 6/6).
after this hald, syslogd, klaogd and than yast is starting. Yast makes
an inventory/system check
and then it tries the get the autoyast xml. That will fail.

Meike