Re: [opensuse] parameter hostip on boot prompt does not work?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 17:43:27 +0100
Meike Stone wrote:

Hello,

I try to install a system (on vmware) with autoyast. In the network,
where the system is located is no dhcp server.
So I added:

hostip=10.1.1.1 netmask=255.255.255.0
autoyast=http://10.1.1.100/autoyast.xml

to the boot prompt.

The system was booting and started the yast in "autoyast mode", but
got no ip address. I tried to ping from the other server, no response.
So I canceled the installation and started a bash from the text menu
and configured the ip via ifconfig. After this, I run the installation
again.

Now the autoyast.xml was loaded from the webserver and the
installation finished.
Why does the booting client in the vmware not take the ip from the
parameter hostip?

I could be wrong, but I think the parameter is just 'ip'.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.6°C)