Re: [opensuse] Dual boot ubuntu & opensuse
On 03/14/2012 07:18 AM, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Hi,

After reading the threads about grub, I was wondering how I have to
install opensuse on my ubuntu laptop. There is a partition free, but how
about grub ?
What information do I need to be able to make an entry in suse's
menu.lst ? Or can opensuse's installer manage this by itself ?
Then again, do I need to modify my ubuntu to tell it's no longer in
control of grub ?

TIA

Koenraad Lelong

From my recent experience installing opensuse on my Kubuntu desktop opensuse will not find the Ubuntu partition and set it up in grub for whatever reason. I had to set up Grub with Kubuntu to get all the operating systems recognized and booting properly. Kubuntu will set up opensuse but not the other way round.

--
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.

- Patrick Henry -