Re: [opensuse] Dolphin Problems
On 14/03/12 11:52, Rajko M. wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 00:38:42 +1100
Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

AH! It just occurred to me. If after plugging in the USB device and
NOT open it with Dolphin then it does not show up in Dolphin or
anywhere - because it has not been mounted.
How about mounting device using icon in Device Manager that is right
from listed device name.

Also, mounting of removable devices is configurable in Device Manager.
Right click on the Device Manager icon in a system tray and choose
Device Notifier Settings. In a new window go to vertical tab Removable
Devices where you can:
1) Enable automatic mounting.
2) Select what types of devices should be automatically mounted, or what
particular devices should be mounted.

There is a plethora of options.

Thanks, Rajko, for reminding me about the Removable Devices in the System Settings. I have never used this option before but have now activated it.

(Still the question as to why new added files do not immediately show up in Dolphin but that is another story for another time.......)

BC

--
The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly
of the vulgar.