Re: [opensuse] FYI: Howto disable tracker
On 03/13/2012 11:47 AM, Lars Müller wrote:
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:58:36AM +0100, Hans-Joachim Ehlers wrote:
Tracker seems to be the gnome counter part to the nepomuck /anaconda trash on
KDE4. Since it has a mess of dependencies as well i decided to disable its
execution via

$ chmod 000 /usr/lib/tracker-[a-z]*

This is the wrong approach. Guess an update has to be published and
then the tracker stuff is back.

zypper rm $( rpm -qf /usr/lib/tracker-[a-z]*)

sound like the better approach to me. If /usr/lib/tracker-[a-z]* files
are available.

Its looks like that the GNOME and KDE are only usefull for single user/ single
PC usage. Does somebody knows a GUI for Linux which does NOT introduces these
indexing crap ?

As others have written: disable the indexing 'feature'. I don't get why
it is enabled by default. But I'm not a GUI developer.

I was able to just do this:

#rpm -qa | grep tracker | xargs rpm -e

and I had no dependency issues. Probably depends on what you have installed though.

Mark