Re: [opensuse] openSUSE/Debian not booting after partition formatted
On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 08:35 +0100, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
Hi,

Yesterday night I formatted a partition (for data) from another distro
installed on my system (Ubuntu) it was mounted at /media/data and now my
openSUSE and Debian are not booting and are stuck at this error. This
partition is for data and not any OS. When I try to boot Ubuntu it shows
a message at boot screen Data partition not found, do you want to mount
it manually or skip and I am able to boot into the system. I mounted the
partition when I installed openSUSE or Debian. Please suggest a solution.

Here is a screenshot of the error:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-m6hJeo9THDc/T173lbQ2ETI/AAAAAAAAHY0/756wAy3X-Yc/s1181/error-opensuse.jpg

Hi,

problem comes from the fact that the os tries to mount all mountpoints
that are defined in /etc/fstab.
If it fails there, you end up at this position.

If you want to play it safe, you should have removed that particular
line in /etc/fstab (either by hand or via yast)

What you can do now, is either
- re-create that mount-point
or
- remove that line in fstab (manually with vi or so)

that should do the trick....

hw