Re: [opensuse] Re: Radeon HD 6450
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:37:04 +0000
On Sunday 11 Mar 2012 19:09:39 Michael Fischer wrote:
On Sun, Mar 11, Michael Fischer wrote:
hwinfo (the graphical'd version in yast) suggests that I've got a display
of "ATI VGA compatible controller" whose driver is "Radeon". Indeed
lsmod(8) shows the radeon driver loaded. It certainly is not mentioned
in the xorg.conf. And fbdev (nor indeed 'fb' anything) is shown by lsmod.

Xorg.0.log speaks repeatedly of vesa, but no module with 'vesa' in it is
currently loaded by the kernel. (perhaps that's not the right place to
look?)

I should say that the current situation sometimes leaves window content
sort of garbled on movement. Not good for real usage, though it might
get me though some debugging.

Michael
I tried running 12.1 on my old laptop with a Radeon card but it never loaded
to a graphics login, it always bombed out to a text login. My card is old so
i'm not sure if its an issue with Radeon cards or old drivers being dropped.

It all works fine on 11.4

I've given up until 12.2 to see if that works any better.