[opensuse] cannot reboot [was Re: Radeon HD 6450]
On Sun, Mar 11, Michael Fischer wrote:
On Sun, Mar 11, Michael Fischer wrote:

hwinfo (the graphical'd version in yast) suggests that I've got a display
of "ATI VGA compatible controller" whose driver is "Radeon". Indeed
lsmod(8) shows the radeon driver loaded. It certainly is not mentioned
in the xorg.conf. And fbdev (nor indeed 'fb' anything) is shown by lsmod.

Ok, I removed the xorg.conf and set the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-device
to use 'Device: "radeon"'. Now I get

(EE) RADEON(0): Chipset: "CAICOS" (ChipID = 0x6779) requires KMS

off to reboot without the 'nomodeset'

... ok, now I'm back to being unable to boot:

mdadm: an md device must be given in this mode
/dev/md0: the superbblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2

off to try to reinstall that partition..

Michael
--
Michael Fischer
michael@xxxxxxxx