Re: [opensuse] New monitor, no hi-definition
  • From: <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 16:27:29 -0400

---- "Cristian Rodríguez" <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
El 01/03/12 13:23, j.e.perry@xxxxxxx escribió:
I bought a new Samsung 23" monitor. It has an HDMI connector, which
doesn't seem to work, and a VGA connector, which does.
Is there a way to get suse to give me 1920X1080 through the VGA connection?

John Perry

Looks like your drivers are broken everywhere.. what does

So I took another look at the nvidia website. Search led me astray several
times,
but I finally got a page that said my GT520 requires 290+ drivers, so I
downloaded
the 295 driver. Then, to be sure, I checked with yast again (nvidia recommends
that you use the driver provided by your distribution). yast, which had the
270 driver
when I checked a couple of weeks ago, now had the 290 driver, which I
installed.

I now have 1920X1080 on the vga connector. Haven't checked with the hdmi, so I
can't give any encouragement to the person who asked me to tell my experience
with getting it going again.

Thanks, Christian.

John Perry