Von: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
An: SLE <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC:
Gesendet: 15:59 Sonntag, 11.März 2012
Betreff: Re: [opensuse] Why are iputils missing in OpenSuSE 12.1?

Peter Maffter wrote:
I have installed OpenSuSE 12.1 from the downloadable ISO image (after I
bought OpenSuSE 11.3 and 11.4 and the
11.4 version is not working and 11.3 will soon be phased out :-(  ).

Now I set up a network and wanted to ping another machine in the network and
...wait a minute...there is no ping?
There is no iputils?
Why on earth didn't they include that in the normal distribution?

I have installed 12.1 on 3 systems and ping is available on all.