[opensuse] Re: mysql woes
  • From: jdd-gmane <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 09:46:18 +0100
Le 11/03/2012 01:00, SuSE User a écrit :
I'm attempting to install wordpress on opensuse 11.4 I can't get
past the mysql config. I must be missing something simple as I
can't seem to set the mysql root user to anything other than root
What Am i missing ? Gary Ernst-- To unsubscribe, e-mail:
contact the owner, e-mail:
opensuse+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I installed wordpress lats week in half an hour

http://dodin.org/wordpress/

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

You *can't* change the *mysql root user*, it's always called "root", but it do not have to be related to the system root user, nor have the same passwd. It's even recommanded *not to have* the same root passwd on mysql and the system.

and for most php application, as wordpress, it's better to use only one non root user (I use "jdd"), with his own passwd and use simply one database for all the application with different table prefix.

jdd