[opensuse] recordMyDesktop
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 15:41:32 +0000
Hi

Has anyone had any success recording the sound with this program? I'm using
KDE 4.8.1 but running gtk-recordmydesktop (the qt version doesn't seem
available).
The video side record great but no sound is recorded. The sound config is set
to "DEFAULT" and any other value ends the recording with "Cannot find sound
card".

I have no clue as to how sound is configured, it seems to be a black art.
If i check "Sounds" in YAST, it says i have 2 cards configured (SBx00 Azalia
(Intel HDA) and (nVidia Corporation), this can't be correct as i only have an
onboard sound card.
I get sound from 2 sources, i have a cable from the card to my monitor and
another cable from the card to a set of mini desktop speakers.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

regards

ian