[opensuse] weird network start on virtualbox
  • From: jdd-gmane <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 10:25:01 +0100
Hello,

I have some sort of weird network problem.

I use a 12.1 virtual server on 12.1 host.

I often have the problem than rebooting gives no network in the virtual machine, not a pleasant result... I have to connect through VNC (and VNC do not like utf8, so very weird keyboard).

when logged, if I issue

systemctl restart network.service

I get only the "lo" (local) network.

But looking at /var/log/messages, I noticed a "ifdown eth1" just after the ifup

doing an "ifup eth1" restore the network.

did somebody else experiment this?

I have apache2, mailman, inn running and just "zypper up" on guest and host before the problem

thanks
jdd