Re: [opensuse] New clock/calendar "feature"
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 18:38:28 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 7. März 2012, 12:18:05 schrieb James Knott:
I don't know when it came in, but there seems to be a significant change
made to the clock & calendar in KDE on 12.1.

What clock are you talking about? It works for me with the analogue as well as
the digital.

Previously, I could click
on the clock on the bar, to see the calendar and then close it when I
was done. This worked well for years. Now, clicking on the clock
causes a small rectangle with the word "Calendar" on it. I then have to
click on that, to open the calendar. Then instead of simply closing the
calendar, I have to click again on the clock to close the calendar. At
least that's the way it's apparently supposed to work. I now have a
small square sitting above my bar, which I cannot open further or
close. The only way to get rid of it is to log out of the desktop. I
guess this is another "improvement" that we can thank the KDE team for.
They have an excellent record of taking something that works well and
then breaking it. Why couldn't they have left well enough alone?

Did you try with a new user?

Sven