  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 08:53:10 +0100
On Tue, 2012-03-06 at 22:54 -0500, Brian K. White wrote:
If I go to a client site, I shouldn't be able to configure a printer
so I can print things at the client site?

Perhaps, but in my experience (banking, airlines, IT) the client site is
unlikely to allow foreign equipment on their network.

The fact that some sites are secured from guests doesn't matter at all.

Other sites are not only open to, but expressly exist for, guests.
And many sites of course have both a secure and a guest network and it's
a growing not a declining trend.

Our company provides a 'guest' wireless network so visitors can access
the outside world. They get no access to internal things from this
access point. But they need to configure their computers to make this
all happen.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST