[opensuse] Re: faster way to get total dir size besides du?

Not sure if this is any help in this thread, but take a look at krusader. I
was curious
about this thread topic and since command-line isn't my forte by at least 100
miles, I
opened krusader. It gives the total size of all *files* in a given directory at
the bottom
of that window pane, and if one holds the Ctrl and clicks on the dir's in that
dir to
highlight them all and then right-clicks to the context menu, it has 'Calculate
occupied
space' and it's instantaneous.

I'm sure there's a quicker way to 'select/highlight' all the dir's in a
particular dir
other than holding Ctrl and clicking on them, but it works for me as I know no
other way,
heh.

-Edmund Burke