Re: [opensuse] Re: Placing icons on desktop v 12.1

On 03/06/2012 07:21 AM, Robert Benjamin wrote:

On 03/05/2012 02:57 PM, Malcolm wrote:
On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:32:15 -0500
Robert Benjamin<benjie1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Noob here. How do you place icons on the desktop after
installing a program? Gnome and openSuse 12.1 Installed Skype and can
run it but just want to get the icon on the desktop instead of in the
applications bar at the left. Thanks for the help.
Hi
Fire up the gnome-tweak-tool and in there you can select Nautilus to
control the desktop.
Could not find the gnome-tweak-tool. It is installed cause I checked in install/remove software. So how do I proceed now? Thanks. Bob
Can I give you any more info about what I did to follow your instructions or anything else I can do to get icons on the desktop. Once a program is installed, I can only find it in the launcher at the left, and can't move the icons to the desktop. Thanks. Bob