Re: [opensuse] Commercial office suites for Linux?
  • From: Duaine Hechler <dahechler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 22:54:10 -0600
On 03/05/2012 08:35 AM, Jim Flanagan wrote:
On 3/4/12 1:38 AM, Roger Luedecke wrote:
Frankly, I keep running into too many anomalies in LibreOffice vs. MS
Office. Though I could run Office through Wine, I would rather have a
native solution. I googled it to death, and couldn't seem to find
anything.

Just a couple of wild cards to throw into the mix.

I wonder if MS Office 365 will work on Linux. (No I'm not joking, it could solve the problem). Its web based, and you likely won't be doing any active directory stuff so it might. Was $6USD per mo last I checked.

Also, has anyone gotten Apple's Pages to run on Linux? They probably have the
binary locked down tight, but it could run?

Just a couple of out of the box thoughts.

Jim F

As the Johnny English movie put it - "Don't go zthere"

So you have the web to create, etc. BUT, what happens if you can't get access
to the Web - YOU ARE F__CKED !!!!!!!

NO THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duaine

--