Re: [opensuse] Commercial office suites for Linux?
Am 05.03.2012 14:50, schrieb Mark Misulich:
Hi,

did you try Scribus?

Karl
Hi,
yes I did. I think it is supposed to be similar to MSPublisher. I am
very limited on how large the file size can be since I send the
newsletter to members on dial-up isp's. I found that both Scribus and
MSPublisher made a larger file size than what I was able to produce in
Word. Scribus and MSPublisher are both great products, but for my
particular circumstances Word worked best in comparison.

Hi,

if you export to pdf, the filesize should not be bigger than any other program.
But of course the size of your images is crucial. Usually 72 or 96 dpi are more than enough for electronic distribution.

If I understood you right your main problem is the title page because you want it to be more "fancy" than the rest of the document. You can create a nice frontpage in Scribus and the rest in OO.

Karl