Re: [opensuse] Commercial office suites for Linux?
C said the following on 03/05/2012 09:29 AM:
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 15:13, Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
fixes??) with themselves. I've seen/heard many complaints that
documents produced in one version don't print out exactly the same using
another ... different page breaks, automatic spacing and things like that.

That can even come down to printer drivers. You can open up a new
document on Office 2007... create/edit/layout the contents. Move that
document to another computer running Office 2007 but with a different
printer driver as default and the layout will change (I used Office
2007 as an arbitrary example here... could be any equivalent
versions). Then add to the mess by changing Office version and you
have yet again a whole new layer of incompatibility or changes. Try
creating a presentation in PowerPoint2010 with nice transitions etc..
then open that same document (if you can) in Office 2003... you won't
have the exact same presentation anymore.

People are using any number of combinations of MS Office and printer
drivers. Anything you create in MSO has a good chance of being borked
in any other random version of MSO. You will find the same level of
oops in LibreOffice.

Which is why, if I want to have control over the presentation of
anything I send out, I use PDF.

--
Any simple problem can be made insoluble if enough meetings are held to
discuss it.