Re: [opensuse] ssh connection refused since upgrading to 12.1
On 05/03/12 10:06, Werner Flamme wrote:
Bob Williams [04.03.2012 19:28]:

[ about $HOME/.ssh/known_hosts file ]

172.16.1.9 ssh-rsa
AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAA[...]

That is indeed the structure of the known_hosts file on my desktop
machine, but here on my laptop the same file gives no indication of
which key relates to which host. Hence I deleted both lines (there are
only two machines here that I use ssh with, so it is not onerous to
accept new keys).

After accepting the new key, the file looks much the same, with two
lines but no identification of host.

I have left the lines wrapped, but each one starts with |1|:

|1|r+sSjzHiK8nJu7BZ7WJ5mPkzYhQ=|BQUTU5kbZjZPUZNFlAcdYlp/D/Q=
ecdsa-sha2-nistp256
AAAAE2VjZHNhLXNoYTI[...]

Whether you have clear text entries in $HOME/.ssh/known_hosts as before
or encoded ones is controlled by /etc/ssh/ssh_config and/or
$HOME/.ssh/config. See "man 5 ssh_config", parameter HashKnownHosts :-)

Just my 2ยข
Werner

A valuable 2cents worth. Thank you Werner.

Bob
--
Bob Williams
System: Linux 3.1.9-1.4-desktop