Re: [opensuse] Re: Ekiga config file?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 10:57:23 +0100
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:47, Sascha Manns <Sascha.Manns@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Sonntag, 4. März 2012, 23:04:27 schrieb C:
On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 13:38, C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anyone have any idea where Ekiga hides its configuration?
So.. does anyone have any clue where Ekiga is hiding its main
configuration?
Hmmm that is so... weird.  I don't understand gconf at all :-P  I
rebooted and.. whiz bang, Ekiga picked up the config that was sitting
in the .gconf/ekiga directory for hours beforehand. Weird that
application level config changes are not picked up until after at
least a logout/login.
Thanks for that mail. That i have asked myself yesterday too.
Maybe do you also know where Ekiga stores the Logindata for a Network?

It all seems to be in the same place... in $home/.gconf/ekiga Somehow
Ekiga hangs on to whatever is in there and doesn't release or update
itself if you manually change the contents. The documentation says to
simply exit Ekiga, killall gconfd-2 and restart Ekiga to get it to
re-read the manually changed configuration, but I've yet to be able to
get it to do that... I have to logout/login to see the chanegs.

The network login data is buried in the XML files in that directory.
If you're manually changing or want to completely wipe the setup, then
exit Ekiga, kill gconfd-2, delete/change the .gconf/ekiga directory
and... logout/in I guess... unless you can discover what other process
is running that makes Ekiga retain the settings it has read and kill
that too.

C.