Re: [opensuse] ssh connection refused since upgrading to 12.1
On 04/03/12 13:16, James Knott wrote:
Bob Williams wrote:
There were two lines in the file, so I eventually followed James' advice
and deleted each one. When I had an empty file, my ssh command worked.

I was tempted to suggest deleting the entire file, but that means you'd
have to accept each key again. As I mentioned, you should be able to
find the one line for that system and deleting only it. Each line
starts with the host name or IP address followed by ssh-rsa as shown below:

172.16.1.9 ssh-rsa
AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAAAgwCFsf0HDuR+kPMIClIjCCW5vkxaFPvtJhIvZvmkSSyXh9pQh6VcssmJzxVftuCbYj6VmNiX21jxEN2dpdHkzFvIAZbJ67PVTVi/bz2hL0pNkvc4ww2lM1UoIp/kp26ay2fU+06KecdxoXBb0PFpHfeZpuxJvSD1fA3UkpbcZfNhp01N

That is indeed the structure of the known_hosts file on my desktop
machine, but here on my laptop the same file gives no indication of
which key relates to which host. Hence I deleted both lines (there are
only two machines here that I use ssh with, so it is not onerous to
accept new keys).

After accepting the new key, the file looks much the same, with two
lines but no identification of host.

I have left the lines wrapped, but each one starts with |1|:

|1|r+sSjzHiK8nJu7BZ7WJ5mPkzYhQ=|BQUTU5kbZjZPUZNFlAcdYlp/D/Q=
ecdsa-sha2-nistp256
AAAAE2VjZHNhLXNoYTItbmlzdHAyNTYAAAAIbmlzdHAyNTYAAABBBF3YHk3ZN5/woQeVxkFBsrKxJg/AfugnmpbA/5j8OKC1i8bf6PmNb1mqFZtI5mnwQrTV1dp6UHcNAHF9DsWxz6k=
|1|uiLEVuhVfpQ6GyFHCOxc2IrcPMo=|cLOYRHbY+W87J3cnmQYq/2ewoWc=
ecdsa-sha2-nistp256
AAAAE2VjZHNhLXNoYTItbmlzdHAyNTYAAAAIbmlzdHAyNTYAAABBBF3YHk3ZN5/woQeVxkFBsrKxJg/AfugnmpbA/5j8OKC1i8bf6PmNb1mqFZtI5mnwQrTV1dp6UHcNAHF9DsWxz6k=

In vi, you can simply move down through the lines (or search) until
you're on the correct one and then delete the entire line.

Bob
--
Bob Williams
Sent from my laptop