Re: [opensuse] Scanner Replacement
  • From: Jan Ritzerfeld <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 14:21:51 +0100
Am Sonntag, 4. März 2012, 07:25:16 schrieb Mark Misulich:
[...]
One other caveat is that not only do I need to be able to scan regular 8
1/2 x 11 pieces of paper, but I also need to be able to scan 35 mm
slides to be able to capture the pictures that they contain.

Well, these 35 mm slides are a "problem". I bougth a Canon CanoScan LiDE 210
that works well with current sane-backends. However, there is no film
holder. The 600F has got one but, like the 500F, it is not support by sane,
yet.

Nonetheless, many Epson scanners are supported by the epkowa backend plus
non-free interpreter:
http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-backends-external.html
E.g., "With a built-in 35mm Transparency Unit, the Epson Perfection V330
Photo accommodates mounted slides, negatives and film strips." However, I do
not own a Epson scanner.

HTH
Jan
--
Good advice usually works best when preceded by a bad scare.