[opensuse] Re: Should openSUSE review it's Security Policies?
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 21:42:19 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 23:41:49 +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 05:16:47PM -0500, James Knott wrote:
Marcus Meissner wrote:
You can change the settings on your own machine (or your admin can).

Currently e.g. like:

- edit /etc/polkit-default-privs.local

And where is this documented? Your message was the first I'd ever
heard of this.

Well, I checked the manual ...
http://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/html/openSUSE_114/opensuse-
security/cha.security.policykit.html

start with 9.3.2. Modifying Configuration Files¶

It does not seem to be in the 12.1 manual, I have to query the doc
department.

Where does one find a description of the different privilege name?

I recall starting with the openSUSE docs, and then going to the policykit
site, and at that time (at least), there wasn't anything that described
what the actual privileges controlled.

The list that you posted were all cups-related, that much I can tell -
and some of them are pretty clear as to what they do, but if they're not
actually in the file how would I know what privileges to add?

Also, is there any documentation as to what the defaults are if the
privilege is not found in the policy file? Again, something I looked for
but couldn't find when I looked.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson