On 04/03/12 01:01, Per Jessen wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 03/03/12 23:33, Per Jessen wrote:
I have just created a new user on a 12.1 desktop system. The screen-
saver is active by default, but can be disabled by the user. Also,
the "require password" box is not ticked.

Configure Desktop -> Display and monitor -> Screensaver

If the user locks the screen, a password is required to unlock (by
default), so there _is_ a difference between "lock" and "activate
screen-saver".
I think I can see a stumbling block emerging here.... :-) .

I think that we are talking about 2 difference versions of KDE and
probably 2 different ways we are using the Desktops/Workspaces.

I am using, and talking about, KDE 4.8.x (latest updates to it) as
well as NOT using the Folder View for the 6 Desktops I have but have
separate Activities/Widgets for each Desktop/Workspace.
I am using vanilla 12.1+updates - KDE 4.7.2.

For example, I do not see what you just referred to which is
"Configure Desktop". In 4.8.00 (Release 462) I see "Desktop Settings".
Those are two different things, afaict. "Configure Desktop (Personal
Settings)" is found on the start menu when you kick the gecko.

Which version of KDE are you using? And do you use the Folder View?
KDE 4.7.2. If "Folder View" is the default, I'm using it.

This is what my Desktops (well one of them) looks like:

http://susepaste.org/35961810
My background is just vanilla green openSUSE.

Ah, we are in a way talking apples and oranges here then.

Many things have improved with 4.8 being released to what they are in 4.7.

BC

--
The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly
of the vulgar.