Re: [opensuse] Skype won't run on 64bit openSUSE 12.1
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 09:55:08 +0000
On Saturday 03 Mar 2012 09:48:03 Bob Williams wrote:
Having recently upgraded to openSUSE 12.1, I'm trying to re-install
Skype for Linux 2.2.0.35-suse.i586.rpm. YaST installs the rpm OK, but
when I try to run skype it grumbles about missing libraries.

Googling found a recommendation to install xorg-x11-libXv-32bit which
I've done, but now skype throws its next complaint:

skype: error while loading shared libraries: libQtDBus.so.4: cannot open

There seem to be various dbus rpms in the standard repositories, but
none with that name. Has anyone trodden this before, who could advise me?

Bob

I remember having this issue on 11.4 when i went to 64bit. I can't remember
the solution other than searching out the missing libraries via google and
finding a forum entry that gave a solution, it did take a while to find.