Re: [opensuse] Installation 12.1 i586 does not detect USB Keyboard and mouse.
On 2012/03/02 15:51 (GMT-0800) Steven Hess composed:

Graham Anderson wrote:

Steven Hess wrote:

I am trying to install 12.1 i586 and the installer does not pick up my
USB Keyboard and mouse. It does not allow me to select installation
and proceeds to boot from hard disk. Zero keyboard input.
These devices work under other distos and PartedMagic.
How do I proceed?

You may need to enable legacy USB support in your BIOS options.

I checked the BIOS setting and USB, Keyboard, mouse and storage were toggled on.
I grabbed a PS2 keyboard and mouse and got installation selected the
install then loaded the USB driver and the keyboard and mouse work.

ISTR a thread about this rather recently, probably since New Year, possibly on the testing or factory list. You might wish to search the archives for a possible existing bug report or workaround in case you need to reinstall or repair, or be gone come 12.2 installation time.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/