Re: [opensuse] New monitor, no hi-definition
Insomniac wrote:
First thing is to always make sure you get rid of the nouveau thing and
install (one way
or another - I prefer to download from Nvidia's site and install it that way,
others from
a repository) the NVidia driver. I had to play around with three different ones
before I
got the 290.10 to run on my 11.3 system. Took three or four attempts at
installing it
before it seem to 'take'. That never happened before, but at least it works now
and I can
have that nice 1920x1080.

FWIW, I also have a Nvidia video card. Both the Nvidia and Nouveau drivers work with my 23" LG monitor. I connect to the monitor via DVI. I also have had no problem connecting my ThinkPad E520 via HDMI to that monitor and also to Sharp & Sony TVs.