Per Jessen wrote:
If I go to a client site, I shouldn't be able to configure a printer
> so I can print things at the client site?
Perhaps, but in my experience (banking, airlines, IT) the client site is
unlikely to allow foreign equipment on their network.

In my work for that insurance company, they provided me with the computer. I do my work at agent's offices and am expected to be able to use the local printer. In this situation, the agent owns the local network and hardware and connects to the corporate network. I am expected to configure my computer to use the agent's local printer.