[opensuse] Re: Should openSUSE review it's Security Policies?
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 11:01:54 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:13:37 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

Jim Henderson wrote:

The way I read the man page, it's possible to set capabilities for a
particular program using a file in the filesystem (just a config file),

Do you happen to know which file? I also thought it would be something
like this, but I cannot figure which file it might be. (so I'm leaning
towards extended attributes for an executable or starting with root,
then dropping privileges before exec()ing).

Looks like I might've misunderstood part of the man page as I skimmed
through it - the reference was to an extended attribute for file
capabilities. (the security.capability extended attribute).

That's what I get for skimming and trying to recall rather than reading
thoroughly. :/

Jim

--
Jim Henderson