Jim Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:14:09 +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:

I've worked with Linus on a hardware issue years ago, and I think we
should probably at least consider reviewing the policies if they do
need changed.
He should stop asking us to commit suicide first.

Just because he expressed himself poorly doesn't mean he doesn't have a
valid point, Marcus. We shouldn't ignore the point just because it was
poorly expressed.

I think there may be a cultural issue here. If Linus and Marcus worked
for a European company, Linus would be open to a disiplinary offence of
harrassment.

Marcus didn't ignore Linus' point. He simply asked to be treated with
respect.