Carlos E. R. wrote:
I can configure that Windows machine so that you can not do any of that. It
is in fact the default config.

I have never needed admin password to use WiFi in Windows. I don't recall using one to set up a printer either. BTW, my own ThinkPad, which I normally run Linux on, came with Windows 7 Professional. Even though I run as a user, with Admin a separate account, I haven't need the admin password to set up a Wifi connection.