Re: [opensuse] Putting systemd back
  • From: Steven Hess <flamebait@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 19:01:17 -0800
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Steven Hess <flamebait@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 05:31:15PM -0800, Steven Hess wrote:
This may be odd but I'd like to put systemd back after installing
sysvinit-init. systemd is indeed better and faster at least on my
system. How do I accomplish this? Am I apt to encounter any
difficulties?

Do the opposite of what's described in
http://en.openSUSE.org/openSUSE:Most_annoying_bugs_12.1

  zypper in systemd-sysvinit

The same is possible from inside the YaST software management
module.

You're asked to acknowldge to get

  sysvinit-init removed
  systemd-sysvinit installed

No difficulties are to be expected.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team

And none were encountered.

systemd is indeed just much faster and cleaner. At least is is on a
personal desktop machine which also serves as a NFS server or other
machines.

Thanks for the URL.