Re: [opensuse] How to tell what video driver I am usung
On Saturday 31 December 2011 07:52:25 Martin Helm wrote:
Am 31.12.2011 02:52, schrieb Bob S:
This is with both 11.3 and 12.1 with KDE3/

I think that I upgraded my nvidia drivers in both distros. In 11.3 from
an older version and in 12.1 from nouveau. Nothing noticeable in 11.3 but
a major change in 12.1. screen is cleaner and sharper and video DVDs play
properly, but my menus and task bar apps have gottern smaller and bearly
readable. As an aside question will different drivers affect the dpi?

To start with, what is the command to identify the drivers that are
installed and working?

Bob S

Oe simple comand to get the most essential info is

glxinfo | grep -i opengl

for example on my netbook it gives

OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: ION/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 290.10
OpenGL extensions:

Martin, Thanks a lot. Thaat tells me everything I( need
to know. Here's mine.

bob@Easystreet:~> glxinfo | grep -i opengl
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 8400 GS/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 290.10
OpenGL extensions:
bob@Easystreet:~>

Thanks again

Bob S