Re: [opensuse] Runlevel start for 12.1
On 2011/12/30 23:48 (GMT-0300) Cristian Rodríguez composed:

Bob S wrote:

 Fairly mew install of 12.1 with KDE3. 99% of the time when I boot up 12.1
it
 ends up with a log in commaqnd. But it says it has reached runlevel 5 as
per
 the twp lines abobe the login command. They are:

 Naster Resource Control Run level 5 has been reached.

what does

ls -lha /etc/systemd/system/default.target

says ?

Bob has sysvinit-init installed (which I selected during installatio>n)(in
case it matters).

FWIW in case maybe it matters also, he has an NVidia chip on the motherboard
connected to a VGA port, but he's using the DVI port on a PCIe NVidia board.
Bob, when you see the login prompt, does 'Ctrl-Alt-F8' help?

No, ctrj-alt-F8 does nothing. ctrl-alt-F7 brings me to a black blank
screen

Bob, what does 'cat /proc/cmdline' say on a 12.1 boot now that you've
installed the proprietary NVidia driver?

bob@Easystreet:~> cat /proc/cmdline
root=LABEL=st080suse121 ipv6.disable=1 noresume splash=verbose
gnome.fallback=1 vga=normal video=640x480@75
bob@Easystreet:~>

Bob S