[opensuse] Search on the web
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 10:27:50 -0600
Inspired with:
* advices "google that", "ask Google", "search" in our communication media
* importance that search has to find information,
* abundance of quality and bad information sources, which makes easy to find
answer or fall in a trap,
I decided to initiate creation of article about that topic.
I can't do all that by myself, so it is called "creation".

Initial location is:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Search_the_web
and later if and when content on that page justifies broader approach it can
be moved to a new title [1].

The main purpose it to help experienced users recognize what new openSUSE
users don't and can't know, and vice versa.

[1] Note that in our wiki title is part of URL, so it must satisfy basic rules
for article title (short and still descriptive) and good URL (easy to guess
and persistent; no changes after creation without link to new location).

PS.
If you or anyone reading this have more tips how to safely and efficiently
search the web, please add to the list, either here, or directly on:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Search_the_web
I can take responsibility to keep article tidy, one day when this one will
have enough content, create
http://en.opensuse.org/Search
which will be dedicated to advices how to search for the information, in
opensuse.org domain and on the web, and as additional

--
Regards, Rajko