Re: [opensuse] Google Earth making work
* Martin Helm <martin@xxxxxxxx> [12-31-11 10:11]:
Am 31.12.2011 15:33, schrieb Ed Greshko:
Well, I would ask "How did you install it?" If you did it one of the
proper ways like.... zypper install
google-earth-stable_current_i386.rpm it would have resolved all the
dependencies, downloaded them, and installed....and it would be
working. That is the way I did and it pulled in these additional
pieces... The following NEW packages are going to be installed:
glibc-i18ndata google-earth-stable kdelibs3-default-style lsb qt3 The
following recommended package was automatically selected:
kdelibs3-default-style
That's exactly my own question now how it was installed. I can only add
that I did exactly the same as Ed (just with the 64 bit version).
Downloaded the rpm and installed with "zypper in ..." which pulled in
the appropriate dependencies and it just works on 11.4 and 12.1 without
any problem.

and I the same over the last several versions of openSUSE and on several
different machines/architectures.