Re: [opensuse] Google Earth making work
On 12/31/2011 10:10 PM, A. den Oudsten wrote:
Op 30-12-11 22:32, A. den Oudsten schreef:
Op 30-12-11 22:02, Martin Helm schreef:
Am 30.12.2011 21:41, schrieb A. den Oudsten:
Indeed there it is, but it refers to libGL.so.1.2
Is it expectable that there the difficulty for googleearth is?
That is completely correct, just to test on 12.1 64 bit I installed now
the 64 bit google earth 6 rpm on 12.1 and there is no problem starting
it (using proprietary nvidia driver if that matters). Of course on my
machine also /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1 links to libGL.so.1.2 too.
Is your error message still the same and did you properly undo your
previous change where you changed to libGLU.so?
I have libGLU restored and the fault is the same.
Tomorrow I'l remove google earth completely and make a clean install.
Maybe I'm lucky!!
André
I was not.
The reaction was the same as before:
./googleearth-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1:
Somebody a good hint?
Tia
André

Well, I would ask "How did you install it?"

If you did it one of the proper ways like....

zypper install google-earth-stable_current_i386.rpm

it would have resolved all the dependencies, downloaded them, and
installed....and it would be working.

That is the way I did and it pulled in these additional pieces...

The following NEW packages are going to be installed:
glibc-i18ndata google-earth-stable kdelibs3-default-style lsb qt3

The following recommended package was automatically selected:
kdelibs3-default-style