Re: [opensuse] OpenSuSE 12.1 shutdown
On 12/31/2011 01:23 PM, Lívio Cipriano wrote:
Hi,

I've installed the above version in my Lenovo z60 laptop and none of the
commands to shutdown the PC don't work: from KDE, from console, etc. The
sustem turns down all the services and unmounts the file system, emits the
halt to the console, but doesn't turn off the PC. I also, was the first time,
that I made an actualization, from OpenSuSE 11.4, and not a installation from
scratch.

Is this a bug or I've to tweak something?

I had a similar experience using systemd.

'systemctl poweroff' works for me.

I also had to replace the shutdown command in kdmrc with it.